Sunday 3 May 2015

Wedding Invitations

I have something a bit different to share today - not scrapbook related but still crafty and I know that we have a lot of customers who create their own wedding stationery so I thought I would share my recent samples in the hope it might inspire anyone with an invitation task ahead! I was recently asked to create some wedding invitations for a friend...the bride-to-be wanted 'Navy, Ivory, Gold as the colour scheme and Indian/Moroccan but unique/different to any she has seen online' .....! Where to begin!! I set about creating a range of different samples so that she could narrow it down as she really did have no idea what she wanted.

The first sample was a pocket-fold invitation held together with ribbon and a die-cut label. The pattern on the outside was stamped using a JustRite background stamp and white embossing powder. Patterned paper is definitely an easier option but I wanted to try this as something a little bit different. 


Inside, the details were printed on pearlescent card and 3 cards of varying heights were tucked into the pocket. 






The second sample was similar to the first yet focussing on the gold. For this one I used a patterned paper with gold foil accents and added a tag with the wedding date on. This could also have 'Wedding Invitation' on instead of the date. 


My third sample was another pocket-fold yet this time a pearlescent navy pocket fold in a rectangular shape. Again, the RSVP, Honeymoon Wish and Information cards were tucked in the bottom pocket. 



My fourth sample was to create a book style invitation - something which the bride had not seen before so it did fit the bill of being unique! I showed her a pearlescent paper (with a gold shimmer which doesn't show up online!) and a navy Indian style pattern on which she instantly wanted to incorporate into the stationary. I decided to use the paper for her Save the Date Cards which I also made into a mini style book which would match the main invitation. 




The book invitation was made up of 5 pages - all slightly longer than the last allowing a tab for each piece of information. I printed all of the sheets on Payper Box A4 White Pearlescent card which we stock - this card is an excellent heavyweight quality card with a lovely gold shimmer finish and I highly recommend it for anyone making their wedding stationary. 





To get an RSVP card into the book I decided to hold the return envelope and card in place on the back page with a ribbon bow matching the ribbon on the front. I set 4 eyelets onto the back page and then used a piece of Navy card to bind the book and hide the eyelets.  




As I knew the bride loved the paper which I used on the Save The Date cards I wanted to get this into the main invite too. I created the envelopes for the RSVP card using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope maker tool and some pearlescent navy paper. I then made envelope inserts using the patterned paper. 



For the evening invitations it was decided that a simple card would be made so I added an embossed design down one side using a Spellbinders Embossing Folder and used a pearl pen to add in some dots.



I hope this inspires anyone creating their own invites / wedding stationary! 

Charlotte x 

No comments:

Post a Comment