Thursday 4 December 2014

Yuletide (Kaiser Craft) ... an extra layout!

We have another Yuletide layout for you today. This one still uses the 6.5"x6.5" paper pad and collectables which were used on our previous two layouts but in addition we used an extra sheet of black cardstock, a sheet of stickers, a sheet of gold glitter cardstock and a die-cut paper. So if you did purchase the items for the previous two Yuletide layouts you only need these 4 items to complete this layout too.


For this layout I wanted to try incorporating Iris Folding into a scrapbook layout. I have seen a lot of this on cards but it is rare to see on scrapbook layouts and I thought a Christmas layout was a good place to start! I chose to create a bauble design using papers from the 6.5" x 6.5" paper pad and some gold glitter card. 

As a guide, I found this on Pinterest. I printed the template out and reduced its size to work with my layout (I copied it into Microsoft Word and printed out a few in different sizes to begin with). I then traced the outline onto my die-cut paper and cut the outline of the shape out with a craft knife. Next, I stuck the printed template to my craft mat and laid my die-cut paper with the bauble shape cut out over it so I could see where each piece of patterned paper which was going to make up the bauble was to be placed. You then simply cut snippets from the paper pad and stick this to the back of the die-cut paper starting at 1 and alternating colours until the bauble is finished. I cut out a bow from a Sue Wilson die-cut set to finish off the bauble. 

Using a craft knife I cut around the Holly cluster in the bottom left corner so that I could tuck my photo behind. Platinum and Christmas Red Stickles glitter glue give the layout a nice sparkle. 


You can find a link to the products used below. These items are in addition to the items shown on the other Yuletide layouts created on our previous blog post except for the punch. 

Charlotte


No comments:

Post a Comment