Wednesday 26 November 2014

Cozy Christmas Layout (Simple Stories)

I have another Christmas themed layout to share today using the Cozy Christmas collection by Simple Stories. 


I recently saw a card with a shaker style banner embellishment and thought it would be a fun idea to incorporate it into a scrapbook layout. To do this you cut the banner shape and a shape out within it (christmas tree in this case). Cover the back with acetate. Then apply adhesive 3D foam pads around the outside edge of the whole banner except one little area where you can then slip sequins in. Once this is stuck to the page slip some sequins behind the banner and place the final 3D foam pad to secure the sequins in the shape.



The circle shape around the 'Dec 25th' card (cut from gold flurries paper) was cut using some new dies we have just received by Little B. In each set you get dies varying from small to large:


For the scallops die you are able to cut just a scalloped edge or you can cut the holes in the scallops as well. For my shape I placed the scalloped outer edge die on my cutting plate (Big Shot Machine), the inner die to cut the holes and then a circle die from the set below. I arranged all 3 on my cutting plate and kept them in place with some sellotape - I then ran them through my machine. 


You can find links to all of the products used below :)

Charlotte x


No comments:

Post a Comment